First thought of the Day/YouTube - Laurel, the Dancing Waitress from Marsugi's

So I've been a bit on the low end of low lately- and this video I found meandering on the innertubenets made me smile. maybe because old-time punk days were fun, raw and uninhibited. maybe also because I like the security camera, out-of-sync DIY nature of it... mostly the goofy dancing and all- let's all do belly rolls and dance like fucking strippers in reckless B&W VIDEO ABANDON!!!

Quote the YouTube entry:

"This is a little video tribute to Laurel Rudy, the dancing waitress from Marsugi's, the coolest alternative music divebar that ever existed in San Jose, California. As May 27 is Laurel's birthday, I've decided to share this little clip today to celebrate her 29th birthday, seeing how I missed it the first time around. The music on this artsy-fartsy, no-budget black and white video clip doesn't actually match the video of the band, but who cares? Can Frank Novicki and Ken Schick pretend to be Flipper to sing "Sex Bomb?" Why the hell not? "

Comments