the LONG GOODBYE... or, HELLO WP.

http://filmtracks.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/the-long-goodbye.jpgSigh. This is sad, hard, and a bit choking me uppy. After being on blogger since it's inception as blogspot, I have finally called it quits.

I really love the idea of integration with flickr, picasa, in fact, MY WHOLE GOOGLE ACCOUNT! I like the IDEA of being all snug and cozy and integrated. It's nice. It's web 2.0...It's... safe.

But the last year has taught me the hard way what blogging pals like Matt Paradise and Bill Simmon and NTodd have been saying a long while ago- that pre-fab hosted blogging can suck. Alot. Blogger- also for it's improvements and so on, is not meeting my needs anymore.

Between server down and template hell and too many "blogger-modding" -hell experiences that are just annoying, I have decided that like old Bilbo, I must go on holiday.


Now don't fret. I won't burn this old house down. I will serve up the big fat "redirection" posts soon- this will stay up forever- a web version of an footprint.

FYI- you can see the new blog under construction at: http://flameape.org more later.

Comments