So I decided to check out the KINDLE- and here's a handy video to describe its uses and so on. YES, I know- It IS hype. However- It may be one method of mass download/distro in a paperless eventual comics world we, as potential DIY comic creators are going to have to face down the road. I am intrigued. I am not "sold" on it. But it is food for thought." Sadly enough, my work with the download site Wowio did not pan out. The site stiffed Smashout Comics for several thousand dollars, and so Smashout couldn't pay me. This was not Smashout's fault. They can't pass on what they didn't get.
So far, the only dependable, cheap way to order downloads for my books has proven to be at Lulu. The prices are never above 96 cents for any download.
The update on downloadables:
- Booksurge lost that ability several years ago.
- Mobipocket is insanely complicated, and the downloads cost the customer as much as the hardbacks (what's up with THAT?).
- Clickwheel and Magwheel have lots of enthusiasm, but they're not up and running yet, not really.
- Wowio is unreliable and can't keep up payments.
- I haven't tried loading comics on Amazon's Kindle yet. I'll have to get at that next. Maybe. I haven't even looked at their prices yet.
Sigh. The longer I spend working with distribution and getting it fixed for the future, the farther off goes my working on my books. ..."
or for higher quality video, CLICK HERE.