Cut off from the superhighway. For now.

Internet access has been kaput since last I posted. In the meantime, I've been borrowing computer access a couple of times a day from my "landlord". Thinking about using a local WIFI broadband ISP as a quick and dirty method of getting back online in the office. The folks I rent from, BHW, seem to be doing pretty well with it. Why not go cable modem? Honestly, I'd rather go that route- but to do it may mean extensive and likely expensive work by a master electrician, needed as we are on the 3rd floor of an office building and never has there been cable in the building. I-YI-YI....

I may go with WIFI - even though there are some packet sluggishness issues, i get guaranteed priority of transfer over others on their network by simply using the "Buisness Class" tiers. It's also a completely local company- which appeals to me in a "not feeding the corporate maw of Mammon" sort of way. Until Burlington Telecom (socialized municipal telecom) is available in downtown Burlington (don't look at me, it was THEIR decision, not mine) I'm stuck with this option, it seems. Plus, the WIFI people can set it up in a couple of days- one little router and a suction cup antenna on the window...voila! Connectivity. Gotta commit to a year contract too, but that would be the same with whomever, so - I guess this may be the best way to go.

Wish me luck.

Comments