(click on images for larger, blablabla...)
1. Rough Sketch in soft lead - hb or ebony pencil - on gessoed bristol board.
2. Another layer of thinned gesso mixed with matte medium.
3. Tight Final drawing, by tracing over the previous drawing with 9h lead.
The effect you get is the previous heavy lead has a ghosty bleed through the second layer of paint, becoming more like tones.
then the tight hard lead is the "inking" process.
4. Scan into PS. I have CS, they're all pretty decent after 7...
5. Tweaking contrasts, and convert to RGB.
6. Make multiple layers, some motion blurred, some turned into watercolor with filters.
7. Use transparency and layer blending techniques (mostly screen, multiply and saturation) to blend the layers together.
8. A little 40pxl feathered erasing- A little more cleanup...done.
Try it with your drawrin's at home!